Pokémon Championship Series 2022 Season Details Revealed
Bring your best to battle in 2022 Pokkén Tournament Championship Series tournaments around the world. This year, players can compete in three qualifying events to earn a trip to the 2022 Pokkén Tournament World Championships in London, England. Those who qualify at these events will be joined by the best competitors from Japan and from a Last Chance Qualifier competition that will take place at the Pokémon World Championships. A prize pool worth over $25,000 awaits the winning competitors in the Pokkén Tournament Championship Series!
Good luck battling in the 2022 Pokkén Tournament Championship Series!
This year, competitors will be going head-to-head in the Team Battle format, with each player choosing their own team of three Pokémon. The first player to knock out all three of their opponent’s Pokémon will win the match.
Qualifying for the Pokkén Tournament World Championships
There will be two age divisions for all competitors. The Masters Division is for competitors born in 2004 or earlier, and the Senior Division is for competitors born in 2005 or later. Players can qualify for the Pokkén Tournament World Championships by placing high in either a series event or the Last Chance Qualifier at the Pokkén Tournament World Championships.
Space will be limited at the Last Chance Qualifier. A maximum of 256 competitors will be able to compete in each of the Masters and Senior Divisions.
A total of 16 Masters Division and eight Senior Division players will qualify for the Pokkén Tournament World Championships, including two Masters and one Senior from the 2020 Oceania International Championships, four Masters and two Seniors from the Europe International Championships, and four Masters and two Seniors from the North America International Championships. The 2019 Pokkén Tournament World Champion Hiroki “Subutan” Ishida will automatically qualify for a spot in the Masters Championship Bracket. The remainder of the invitations will be awarded to players from Japan and via the Last Chance Qualifier.
Competitors will be required to bring a wired HORI Pokkén Tournament Pro Pad or a wired HORI Nintendo Switch Pokkén Tournament DX Pro Pad to the Championship Series. No Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers will be permitted, even with a USB cable.
Pokkén Tournament Championship Series Schedules
Event information is subject to change.
2022 Pokkén Tournament DX Events
Europe International Championships
April 22–24, 2022
North America International Championships
June 24 - 26, 2022
Last Chance Qualifier
Pokémon World Championships
International Championship Events
- 1st place: $1,250 and Worlds invitation
- 2nd place: $1,000 and Worlds invitation
- 3rd place: $750 and Worlds invitation*
- 4th place: $600 and Worlds invitation*
- 5th place tie: $450 each
- 7th place tie: $250 each
- *Note: Only two players from the Oceania International Championships receive invitations.
- 1st place: Nintendo Switch console, 72 Pokémon Trading Card Game booster packs, and Worlds invitation
- 2nd place: Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, 36 Pokémon Trading Card Game booster packs, and Worlds invitation*
- 3rd place: 36 Pokémon Trading Card Game booster packs
- *Note: Only one player from the Oceania International Championships receives an invitation.
Pokémon World Championships
- 1st place: $6,000
- 2nd place: $4,000
- 3rd place: $3,000
- 4th place: $2,000
- 5th place tie: $1,500 each
- 7th place tie: $1,000 each
- 1st place: $3,000 Pokémon Visa® Prepaid Card
- 2nd place: $1,500 Pokémon Visa Prepaid Card
- 3rd place: $500 Pokémon Visa Prepaid Card
Each Pokkén Tournament Championship Series event will manage its own competition registration. Select the name of an event in the Championship Series schedule to visit the website for that event. More links will be added as event coordinators enable registration for each event.
Rules and Regulations
Good luck to everyone participating in the 2022 Pokkén Tournament Championship Series!