Show off your Pokémon fighting skills in the 2018 Pokkén Tournament Championship Series!
This year, players can compete in two qualifying events to earn a trip to the 2018 Pokkén Tournament World Championships this August in Nashville, TN. Those who qualify at these events will be joined by players from Japan and the best competitors from a Last Chance Qualifier competition that will take place at the Pokémon World Championships. A prize pool worth over $20,000 awaits the winning competitors in the Pokkén Tournament Championship Series!
Good luck battling in the 2018 Pokkén Tournament Championship Series!
Qualifying for the Pokkén Tournament World Championships
This year, there will be two age divisions for all competitors. The Masters Division is for competitors born in 2002 or earlier and the Senior Division is for competitors born in 2003 or later. Players can qualify for the Pokkén Tournament World Championships by placing highly in either a series event or in the Last Chance Qualifier at the Pokkén Tournament World Championships on the Friday of Worlds weekend.
Space will be limited at the Last Chance Qualifier. A maximum of 256 competitors will be able to compete in each of the Masters and Senior Divisions.
A total of 16 Masters and eight Senior Division players will qualify for the Pokkén Tournament World Championships: two Masters and one Senior from Oceania Internationals, four Masters and two Seniors from North America Internationals, and four Masters and two Seniors from the Sheffield Regional Championships. The remainder of the invitations will be awarded to players from Japan and via the Last Chance Qualifier.
Competitors will be required to provide a HORI wired controller Pokkén Tournament DX in the Championship Series. No Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers will be permitted, even with a USB cable.
Pokkén Tournament Championship Series Schedules
Event information is subject to change.
2018 Pokkén Tournament DX Events
February 9–11, 2018
June 16–17, 2018
North America International Championships
July 7 – 8, 2018
Last Chance Qualifier
August 24, 2018
Pokémon World Championships
August 25, 2018
Regional and International Championship Events
- 1st place: $1,250 and Worlds invitation
- 2nd place: $1,000 and Worlds invitation
- 3rd place: $750 and Worlds invitation*
- 4th place: $600 and Worlds invitation*
- 5th place tie: $450 each
- 7th place tie: $250 each
- *Note: Only two players from the Oceania International Championships receive invitations.
- 1st place: Nintendo Switch console, 72 Pokémon Trading Card Game booster packs, and Worlds invitation
- 2nd place: Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, 36 Pokémon Trading Card Game booster packs, and Worlds invitation*
- 3rd place: 36 Pokémon Trading Card Game booster packs
- *Note: Only one player from the Oceania International Championships receives an invitation.
Pokémon World Championships
- 1st place: $6,000
- 2nd place: $4,000
- 3rd place: $3,000
- 4th place: $2,000
- 5th place tie: $1,500 each
- 7th place tie: $1,000 each
- 1st place: $3,000 Pokémon Visa® Prepaid Card
- 2nd place: $1,500 Pokémon Visa Prepaid Card
- 3rd place: $500 Pokémon Visa Prepaid Card
Each Pokkén Tournament Championship Series event will manage its own competition registration. Select the name of an event in the Championship Series schedule to visit the website for that event. More links will be added as event coordinators enable registration for each event.
All Pokkén Tournament Championship Series events will be played using a Double Elimination bracket.
Rules and Regulations
Good luck to everyone participating in the 2018 Pokkén Tournament Championship Series!